I have experience with Circles in the following contexts:
- Facilitator/Keeper in Circles with juvenile offenders in a variety of programs.
- Circle Keeper in support Circles with crime victims.
- Circle Keeper/participant with families in crisis.
- Facilitator/participant in Community Circles.
- Facilitator of Circle trainings in schools and communities.
Groups I have been involved with doing Circles:
- Community Circles in St. Paul and Minneapolis.
- Rice County Community Corrections in Faribault, MN.
- Men As Peacemakers, Duluth, MN
- Schools and other organizations.
Circle applications I have experience with:
- Conflict resolution
- Juvenile offender programs
- Victim-offender dialogues
- Crime victim support
- Training in Circle process with students, educators, community members, criminal justice professionals.
Areas of Interest and Service
Presently I do private consulting and training for schools and organizations in creating restorative culture and in conflict resolution. I use the Circle process in my training and teaching, even if the training is not specifically a Circle training.
Mary worked for the non–profit Men as Peacemakers from August 2005 through July, 2009. She was responsible for developing and coordinating the restorative justice programs and developed a number of education and training opportunities in restorative practices. Prior to her work with M.A.P., Mary spent six years working for Rice County Community Corrections in the Juvenile Probation department, where she pioneered restorative practices within that system.
Mary is currently owner/director of CRC Consulting Services, offering services designed to enable ongoing learning and support to organizations working to shift to a restorative paradigm. CRC Consulting offers staff development in-service program options, three-day training workshops with a follow-up component, and conflict resolution services for schools, service organizations, and businesses.
- Listing ID: 1965