John M. Errante, Ph.D.
Healing Circles Global certified Host & Guardian
Juvenile Diversion cases
Victim-Offender Dialogs and Circles
I have experience with:
• Criminal Justice System, diversion, reentry
• Neighborhood Accountability Forums
• Facilitating restorative practices related to sexual abuse by clergy
In my practice, I have been associated with Heartland Mediators Association, Healing Circles Global, and the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas.
Areas of Service and Interest
Mediation, VOD facilitation, circle keeper, family group conferencing
In-service and other trainings
Dr. John M. Errante, PhD, is a practitioner of restorative justice strategies with a focus and background of working with youth and adults. Before focusing on this major strategy in retirement, John worked in several large corporations as a facilitator, manager, programmer, analyst and marketing technical specialist. John has over a dozen years of experience in education at all levels. He has taught both seated and online college courses. Since 2006, John has been a Kansas Supreme Court Approved mediator with experience in over one hundred disputes. John is experienced in victim-offender dialog and as a circle facilitator.
John enjoys bicycling, walking and hiking, singing and gardening. John is active in several ministries at church, volunteers as a CASA and he and his wife are a YOUTHrive support family. John has been active as a mentor of youths and adults and active in prison/reentry ministry since 2002.
John desires to support school, church and other agency staff in implementing restorative justice solutions to conflict. You can reach John at [email protected]
• PhD, Educational Leadership. 2010 Dissertation: An evaluation of two restorative practices on measures of moral disengagement, empathy and forgiveness among incarcerated male juvenile offenders
• Peace Colloquy attendee, 2006, Community of Christ Church
• Kansas Supreme Court Approved Mediator: 2007-present.
• Victim Offender Dialogue Certificate ñ MORJC, 2008
• VOM Mediator, Topeka Center for Peace & Justice, 2008-2009, 2019
• Mentoring4Success, Kansas, 2011-present
• Mediator at Center Middle School, CCR, 2016
• Volunteer mediator with Kansas City, MO, 311 Dispute Team
• Connection Circles Facilitator Training, Center for Community Dialog & Training, 2018
• Adjunct Professor, Baker University, Donnelly College, Tiffin University