- Circle Keeper for a group of Administrators: Circle process to resolve conflict and repair working relationships
- Circle Keeper at an urban Middle School: Weekly Circles with a group of high risk sixth grade students
- Circle Keeper at an urban High School: Started a girls’ Circle for at risk high school students
Metro State University
Restorative Justice & Circle Process presenter
Minnesota Department of Corrections
- Exploring Justice speaker
- Minnesota Circles of Support & Accountability Coordinator: Developed a program that trained volunteers in Circle process as they formed a Circle of Support around a level two sex offender as he/she returned to the community from prison.
- VOCARE: A program sponsored by the Minnesota Department of Corrections that brings together victim/survivors, offenders, and community members to explore how a particular crime harmed each person. The process used is Circle process.
- Participated in the first Circle focused on sexual harm in the community (2005)
- Participated in the second Circle focused on sexual harm at Rush City prison (2008)
- Participated in a circle focused on violent crime at St. Cloud prison (2008)
- Victim-Offender Dialogue (2017)
Circles of Support: weekly circles with the residents of the sober houses and our volunteers (since 2015)
Areas of Interest and Service
Circles of Support
Family & Intervention Circles
Gabrielle Casey is the Founder and Program Director of You Have The Power. Since 2008, as a trainer, coach and consultant, she has worked in community engagement, restorative justice and peace building programs. At the core of her work she creates safe spaces for meaningful dialogue that offers healing, a sense of justice, better relationships and safer communities.
Gabrielle was the first Circle of Support and Accountability (MnCoSA) coordinator and a participant in the first VOCARE (healing Circle) regarding sexual harm for the MN Department of Corrections. She continues that work through Welcome Homes, Dakota County Jail Circles and You Have The Power. She has been trained in Victim/Offender Dialogue, Restorative Justice and Peacemaking Circles with Mark Umbreit, Kay Pranis, and Kris Miner, to name a few.
Specialties: sexual harm, community engagement, circles of support, restorative justice, peacemaking circles, reentry, mentoring
Skills: training, speaking, consulting, facilitation, coaching, conflict resolution, volunteer management, curriculum, training and program design
Memberships/Affiliations: National Association of Community and Restorative Justice (NACRJ), Minnesota Restorative Services Coalition (MRSC), Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault (MNCASA)
Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers (ATSA)
“Circles call us to be our best selves. They connect our souls in a way that lead us to endless possibilities for reconciliation and harmony.”
- Listing ID: 1928